Every Principal Investigator seeking funding to support their research efforts needs a good awareness of potential funding sources specific to their projects and interests. ORDE has identified services and resources to make this task easier for you.
ORDE SPONSOR IDENTIFICATION SERVICES:
Personalized Fund Search by ORDE Staff - Contact Lynette Michael at 303-315-5822 to set an appointment to discuss your proposed research; ORDE will then design and conduct a fund search for you. Your search results will be e-mailed to you. We are available to answer any questions you have throughout the entire process.
Targeted Announcements of Funding Opportunities – Based on your research interests, ORDE will send you targeted e-mail notices of funding opportunities. Please contact us if you wish to participate, providing information about your research interest areas and keywords for inclusion in our database. E-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Note that faculty who participate in the fund search process above are automatically registered for this helpful service.
Research Funding Opportunities for New Investigators - ORDE has just released a completely updated book specifically targeted to new investigator opportunities. This book provides information about funding deadlines, sponsor objectives and eligibility criteria. The new version features many more opportunities across all disciplines (nearly double the size of the previous version); a complete re-design with easy document navigation through clickable a Table of Contents and Keyword Index; and compatibility with multiple platforms including PC, MAC, smart phones and tablets.
QUICK LINKS FOR LARGE FEDERAL AGENCY DEADLINES:
Below are some of the major federal funders. A more extensive list of federal, state and private agencies is available on our Funding Opportunities page.
- DOE Grant Deadlines - The U.S. Department of Energy offers several new investigator awards in addition to their regular grants programs.
- EPA Grant Deadlines - The Environmental Protection Agency provides funding through their National Center for Environmental Research.
- NASA Solicitations - The National Aeronautics and Space Administration advertises funding opportunities via their online system called NSPIRES.
- NEH Deadlines - The National Endowment for the Humanities lists their year-round deadlines for all NEH grants programs.
- NIH Career (K) Award Kiosk - This kiosk is designed to help investigators navigate the NIH Career Award system and decide which K Award fits best.
- NIH New and Early Stage Investigator Policies - This website explains the distinctions between the agency's two categories of "Young Invesigator" status and provides information on grant mechanisms designed for new and/or early stage investigators.
- NSF Upcoming Due Dates - All funding programs offered by National Science Foundation are listed and investigators can sort based on opportunity or due date.
- USDA Deadlines - Deadlines for all US Department of Agriculture funding programs are listed.
Research Funding Opportunities (SOM) - This list is maintained by the School of Medicine Office of Research Affairs. This is a great resource for all young investigators, no matter your affiliation.