Colorado's only CIBER — A compelling resource for US global competitiveness
The University of Colorado Denver’s Institute for International Business (IIB) serves as the center for the advanced study and teaching of international business at the University of Colorado. It is also home to CU Denver’s Center for International Business Education and Research (CIBER), a prestigious designation by the U.S. Department of Education for 15 universities across the nation to serve as centers of international business expertise and promote U.S. global competitiveness for students, faculty, and American businesses.
CU Denver's IIB wins $1.28
million grant and re-designation as a CIBER for 2018-2022.
The US Department
of Education recently re-designated CU Denver's IIB as a CIBER for 2018-2022
and awarded it $1.28 million to support its internationalization
activities. Only 15 US universities received this prestigious
designation. CU Denver was ranked in the top 3 among CIBER Awardees. For
more information, see:
CU Denver Today
The IIB Celebrates 30th Anniversary
1988, the IIB is celebrating its 30th anniversary this academic year(2018).
This year also marks the IIB's 25th year designation as a CIBER.
As Colorado's only CIBER, CU Denver has established itself as the state's
preeminent academic resource in international business.
Key Accomplishments and Milestones
- 2000+ students have graduated from international business programs supported by the IIB and CU CIBER
- Supported development and offering of multiple foreign language courses (commonly taught, least commonly taught languages), business language, and language for specifiic purposes
- Facilitated development of cross-campus and multi-disciplinary collaboration between international business and foreign languages (e.g. joint MSIB and BA in Spanish for the Professions)
- 1160+ faculty from 440 US universities and colleges in 49 states participated in CU CIBER-led faculty development programs
- Faculty Development in International Entrepreneurship (FDIE) is the premier resource for training faculty and doctoral students in teaching in IE; 190+ faculty from 150+ universities/colleges in 36 US states and 27 foreign countries paticipated in the FDIE
- Since early 2000 led CIBER China and ASEAN focused FDIBs
- IIB is recipient of multiple federal research and sponsored grants totalling $7million+
- Hosted 250+ International Executive Roundtables featuring CEOs, government leaders and renowned academics
- Hosted multiple and regional conferences: Rocky Mountain CIBER, NAFSA, Pacific Asia Consortia for International Business Education and Research (PACIBER), Community Colleges IB Conference, AIHEC joint meetings for Tribal Colleges and Universities
- Since 2006 awarded 170+ international related course development and research grants to faculty, including support for Global Research Collaboratories (e.g. International Social Entrepreneurship)
- 40+ faculty members have published academic papers, cases, textbook from IIB and CU CIBER supported initiatives