Student Selection Criteria
A. Eligibility- Students MUST:
- Be a current Junior, who will be graduating from their respective high school at the end of the following spring semester;
- Be a first-generation college bound student (neither of whose natural or adoptive parent(s) received a baccalaureate degree);
- Have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0 at the time of application;
- Completion of a least two years of math (two years of algebra or one year of algebra and one year of geometry) with an average grade of B or better;
- Completion of two years of English (one year must be composition) with an average grade of B or better; and
- A commitment to participate in all of the Program's workshops and attendance at all courses as required.
NOTE: Interested students are cautioned that college work requires considerable time and discipline. Therefore, only students who have completed the majority of their high school requirements, who do not work after school, and who are not heavily involved in extra-curricular activities are encouraged to apply. Since UC-Denver courses are available throughout the day and into the early evening, students will have many options in choosing a course that best fits their schedule.