The student selection criteria are as follows:
A. Eligibility- Students MUST:
- Attend a target middle school;
- Be a first generation college bound student (neither of whose natural or adoptive parent(s) received a baccalaureate degree);
- Have a minimum of a 2.75 cumulative GPA.
In addition, the student MUST also meet one or more of the following requirements:
- Be a member of a one parent family;
- Be the eldest in the family; or
- Have a desire to continue their education beyond high school
B. Participant Responsibilities- The Program is committed to providing students every opportunity to develop their academic skills and succeed in their secondary academic career. Students will gain full benefit from their experiences and fulfill their educational potential only to the extent that they commit themselves. Therefore, the Program will expect its participants to:
- Commit themselves to active participation in the Program for the duration of their middle school years;
- Attend and involve themselves fully in all Program sponsored activities; and
- Cooperate with the Program's staff in all program related matters.