What is the Center for Pre-Collegiate & Academic Outreach Programs and the Center for Identity & Inclusion Summer Bridge Program?
It is a program designed to allow Pre-Collegiate students who plan to attend CU Denver to get an early start.
- Enroll in three college courses
- Become acclimated with the college campus and connect with the college community
- Meet student support staff to assist you with the transition to the University of Colorado Denver
- Receive a Peer Coach who will help students through their first year
- Priority is given to Pre-Collegiate graduates
Why Participate in the Summer Bridge Program?
- Get a head start in preparing for a positive college experience
- Become familiar with the campus
- Learn the rigors of college classes
- Experience new adventures
- Make new friends
Students who wish to participate in the Center of Pre-Collegiate & Academic Outreach Programs and the Center of Identity & Inclusion Summer Bridge Program must be incoming freshmen who have participated in one of the CU Pre-Collegiate Programs and have been admitted and plan to attend the University of Colorado Denver in the fall following high school graduation. Students are required to:
- Complete the application
- Sign a commitment letter to attend the University of Colorado Denver
- Attend all five weeks of the Summer Program and earn college credit
- Attend all activities
How much will it cost to participate in the program?
IT’S FREE! This program is at no cost to participating students. Students receive college credits.
How To Apply
Candidates must be admitted and enrolled at the University of Colorado Denver to apply for Summer Bridge. Candidates must complete the following:
- Orientation: Saturday, June 1, 2019 starting at 1:00 pm
- Retreat: Friday, June 21, 2019 starting at 9 am
- Classes: Monday, June 24, 2019 – Friday, July 26, 2019
- University 1110: College Success
• Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday 8:00 am - 9:15 am
- COMM 1011: Fundamentals of Communications
• Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, 9:30 am - 12:30 pm
- ETST 2024: Race and Ethnic Relations
• Thursday, Friday 8:00 am - 12:00 pm
Classes will be held from June 24 thru July 26, 2019 at the University of Colorado Denver on the Auraria Campus.
For more information about the classes above, please refer to our brochure.