What is the Pre-Collegiate and Educational Opportunity Programs Summer Bridge Program?
It is a program designed to allow Pre-Collegiate students who plan to attend CU Denver to get an early start.
- Enroll in two college courses
- Become acclimated with the college campus and connect with the college community
- Meet student support staff to assist you with the transition to the University of Colorado Denver
- Receive a Peer Coach who will help students through their first year
Why Participate in the Summer Bridge Program?
- Get a head start in preparing for a positive college experience
- Become familiar with the campus
- Learn the rigors of college classes
- Experience new adventures
- Make new friends
Students who wish to participate in the Pre-Collegiate and Educational Opportunity Programs Summer Bridge Program must be incoming freshmen who have participated in one of the CU Pre-Collegiate Programs and have been admitted and plan to attend the University of Colorado Denver in the fall following high school graduation. Students are required to:
- Complete the application
- Sign a commitment letter to attend the University of Colorado Denver
- Attend all five weeks of the Summer Program and earn college credit
- Attend all activities
How much will it cost to participate in the program?
IT’S FREE! This program is at no cost to participating students. Once the application is approved and students are accepted, you are committing to attend, participate and receive grades in two college courses during the summer.
How To Apply
Candidates must be admitted and enrolled at the University of Colorado Denver to apply for Summer Bridge. Candidates must complete the following:
Priority will be granted to those who apply by April 7, 2017; the application will remain open until all spots have filled.
- Orientation: Saturday, April 7, 2017 at 12:00 PM
- Retreat: Friday, June 23, 2017 at 9:00 AM
- Classes: June 27th thru July 27th
- UNIV 1110: College Success:
- Tuesday's, Wednesday's, Thursday's
8:00 AM — 8:50 PM
- COMM 1011: Fundamentals of Communications:
- Tuesday's, Wednesday's, Thursday's,
9:00 AM — 12:00 PM
Classes will be held from June 27th thru July 27th, 2017 at the University of Colorado Denver on the Auraria Campus.
For more information about the classes above, please refer to our brochure.