Thank you for your interest in the CU Succeed Programs! We are happy to help guide you through the application process to become an appointed CU Succeed Lecturer. Please do not hesitate to contact us with any questions.
Appliction Due Dates:
Fall semester-May 31st
Spring semstser-October 31st
All applications need to be submitted electronically at www.cu.edu/careers
- If you are applying to become a CU Succeed Gold Lecturer (you are currently employed at a Colorado High School and want to offer CU Denver Courses to your students) refer to job posting 03788.
- If you are applying to become at CU Succeed Silver Lecturer (Adjunct Faculty placed in a Denver area High School at the School's request) refer to job posting 03934
CU Succeed Lecturer Minimum Qualifications:
CU Succeed Approved Courses:
To see a list of courses that can be taught through CU Succeed please see our Approved Course Offerings.
Required Application Materials:
- CU Succeed Gold Lecturer Appointment Form
- Current Curriculum Vita, including Education (degrees, dates, institutions attended, etc.), Teaching Experience, Publications and References (names, titles and phone numbers)
- Official or unofficial transcripts showing degrees received and courses taken from all institutions attended.
- Two letters of recommendation*
- Detailed, CU Denver-style syllabus for the proposed course(s)
*Letters of recommendation should be from individuals who can provide information about your knowledge in the field, your teaching skills, and other qualifications that, make you qualified to teach at the university level. Letters can be from colleagues.
Additional Requirements for Modern Language Applicants:
You must also provide the following information if you are seeking appointment to teach a Modern Language course through the CU Succeed Program.
- Sample lesson plans/course materials.
- Assessment criteria and sample tests, including final exam.
- Videotape (DVD): Please preview to be sure that the voices are clear and that the writing on the board is legible on the tape. The video must be of the course the instructor wishes to offer for CU Denver credit.
- Clearly mark the tape with course level and date
- Include a thirty-minute segment
- Show interaction with students (we want to hear how they sound, too!)
- Include at least a ten-minute segment showing grammar instruction
Please mail the DVD to the address below after you have completed your application:
Attn: Modern Language Application
Campus Box 144, P.O. Box 173364
Denver, CO 80217-3364
Upon completion of the review, the CU Succeed Office will notify the applicant regarding the department's decision. Upon approval, the applicant will receive a letter of appointment detailing the terms and conditions of the position.
CU Succeed Program Coordinator