Thank you for your interest in the CU Succeed Programs! We are happy to help guide you through the application process to become an appointed CU Succeed Lecturer. Please do not hesitate to contact us with any questions.
CU Succeed Program Coordinator
CU Succeed Lecturer Minimum Qualifications:
CU Succeed Lecturers are expected to possess the same scholarly qualifications as other part-time lecturers in the department. Find out the minimum qualifications here.
Compile Your Application:
- CU Succeed Gold Lecturer Appointment Form
- Current Curriculum Vita, including Education (degrees, dates, institutions attended, etc.), Teaching Experience, Publications and References (names, titles and phone numbers)
- Official or unofficial transcripts showing degrees received and courses taken from all institutions attended.
- Two letters of recommendation*
- Detailed, CU Denver-style syllabus for the proposed course(s)
*Letters of recommendation should be from individuals who can provide information about your knowledge in the field, your teaching skills, and other qualifications that, make you qualified to teach at the university level. Letters can be from colleagues.
Modern Languages Department Applicants:
You must also provide the following information if you are seeking appointment to teach a Modern Language course through the CU Succeed Program.
- Sample lesson plans/course materials.
- Assessment criteria and sample tests, including final exam.
- Videotape (VHS format or DVD): Please preview to be sure that the voices are clear and that the writing on the board is legible on the tape. The video must be of the course the instructor wishes to offer for UCD credit.
- Clearly mark the tape with course level and date
- Include a thirty-minute segment
- Show interaction with students (we want to hear how they sound, too!)
- Include at least a ten-minute segment showing grammar instruction
All materials should be sent together, unbound to the CU Succeed Office:
Attn: New Lecturer Application
Campus Box 164, P.O. Box 173364
Denver, CO 80217-3364
Upon completion of the review, the CU Succeed Office will notify the applicant regarding the department's decision. Upon approval, the applicant will receive a letter of appointment detailing the terms and conditions of the position.