The Curriculum Committee shall consist of at least six faculty members, four students, one representative of the pharmacy practice community, and report to the faculty and administration. The committee is a standing faculty committee in the School charged by the Dean to implement a systematic curricular review process that ensures all curricular offerings support the mission of the School and PharmD curriculum and enables the curriculum to remain contemporary and meet expectations of the profession.
Charges to the Committee:
- Review curriculum mission, goals and objectives and recommend changes to the dean and the faculty.
- Assure that the professional curriculum meets or exceeds accreditation standards and prepare requisite reports in a timely fashion.
- Assure that curricular outcomes remain current and that the curriculum meets all established program outcomes through a systematic review of courses and curriculum structure, content and delivery.
- Establish and monitor standards for course syllabi.
- Collaborate with the Assessment Committee to monitor outcomes of courses, course sequences and the overall PharmD program.
- Recommend changes in existing courses and innovations in the curriculum.
- Review and approve (as appropriate) proposals for new elective courses.
- Manage and provide guidance to the dean and the faculty on the School’s curricular renewal efforts.
2014-2015 Curriculum Committee
- Faculty Members
- Richard Radcliffe, Chair
- Joel Marrs, Chair-elect
- Peter Anderson
- Laura Borgelt
- Wes Nuffer
- Katy Trinkley
- Meghan Thompson
- Ex-Officio Members
- Kari Franson
- Shaun Gleason