The Assessment Committee shall consist of at least five faculty members, four students, and report to the faculty and administration. The committee is a standing faculty committee in the School charged by the Dean to assess teaching and learning in the curriculum by creating an assessment plan and reviewing assessment activities. As a secondary goal, the committee will assist administration to define objective and subjective measures of performance for other School missions.
Charges to the Committee:
- Create an assessment plan that meets accreditation standards, pursue a realistic timetable for achieving the assessment plan and prepare requisite reports in a timely fashion.
- Take a scholarly approach to identify, evaluate and recommend improvements in assessment instruments and methods to assure quality assessment and advancement of learning in the curriculum.
- Develop assessment matrices for achieving: student learning and mastery, curricular quality and teaching evaluation process
- Student learning and mastery: evaluate appropriateness of course-embedded assessments for linkage to curricular ability-based outcomes, and evaluate student learning based on these assessments.
- Assess data from external assessments of curricular quality (e.g. ACPE/AACP surveys, NAPLEX results, etc.) and forward to pertinent stakeholders.
- Assure that the assessment process supports ongoing curricular review by the Curriculum Committee.
- Advise the administration on assessments involving other programmatic and administrative aspects of the school to assure achievement of the school’s mission, vision and goals.
2015-2016 Assessment Committee
- Faculty Members
- Sam Ellis, Chair
- Heather Anderson, Chair-Elect
- Connie Valdez
- Eric Gilliam
- Molly Huntsman
- Jennifer Trujillo
- Laura Saba
- Ex-Officio Members
- Kari Franson
- David Thompson
- Jason Brunner
- Lisha Bustos