Location: Tan Tock Seng Hospital, Singapore
Housing: self arranged
- Clerkship at TTSH main block usually starts at 9am and lasts till 6pm, Monday to Friday.
- Student’s daily involvement will be in area of Antimicrobial Stewardship Program. Student will be assigned patients on carbapenem, piperacillin/tazobactam, ciprofloxacin or other antibiotics for review.
- Student will participate in rounds daily. Student will be assigned cases to be worked-up and followed through.
- Student will meet with preceptor daily to discuss patients and/or ID pharmacotherapeutic topics.
- Student will complete one drug use evaluation study.
- Student may participate in other clinical projects as determined by the preceptor.
- Student will give 2 presentations to pharmacists/ pre-registration pharmacists (in the form of journal club/ case study/ new drug profile). Each CE should include a 30-40min presentation and 15 min discussion.
- Student to briefly document all interventions/ recommendations made during the clerkship.
Length: 6 weeks
Price: student fee $3500 USD; housing costs for housing and personal expenses varies