The Pharmacy Continuing Professional Education (CPE) Committee shall consist of at least two faculty members, one alumnus, three pharmacy professionals, another CE coordinator, and report to the faculty and administration. The committee is a standing faculty committee in the School charged by the Dean to improve pharmacist skills and competencies to ensure optimal medication therapy outcomes and patient safety, manage practice settings and satisfy educational requirements for re-licensure.
Charges to the Committee:
- Provide pharmacy educational activities that develop skills and competencies and promote problem solving and critical thinking to support the continuing professional development of pharmacists.
- Meet ACPE accreditation standards for continuing pharmacy education programs and prepare the requisite self-study report in a timely fashion.
- Develop an innovative and sustainable online educational environment to provide enduring programming for the pharmacy community.
2011-2012 Pharmacy CPE Committee
- Sheryl Vondracek (DOCP), Chair
- Lisa Thompson (DOCP ; 2011)
- Paul Minne (alumnus)
- Val Kalnins (profession)
- Roberta Shanahan (profession)
- Kamal Shah (profession)
- Chris Steckline (profession)
- Pam Welker (CME coordinator)
- Kathleen McCartney (ex-officio; non-voting), Past Chair
- Kari Franson ADPE (ex-officio; non-voting)
- Ben Westergaard (staff support)