The Awards & Scholarship Committee shall consist of at least three faculty members, one pharmacy professional, one alumnus and report to the faculty and administration. The committee is a standing faculty committee in the School charged by the Dean to determine the students who best meet the criteria for awards and scholarships.
Charges to the Committee:
- Development and dissemination of written policies for naming student recipients of School of Pharmacy awards and scholarships.
- Recommend to the faculty and Dean appropriate students to receive academic and/or professional practice or service awards and scholarships.
- Review ad hoc requests from other awarding groups (Professional groups, University, Dean’s office) and recommend to the faculty and Dean appropriate nominees.
2011-2012 Awards & Scholarship Committee
- Rob MacLaren (DOCP ; 2010), Chair
- David Thompson (DOCP), Past Chair
- Dan LaBarbera (DOPS ; 2010)
- Krishna Mallela (DOPS ; 2010)
- Timothy Mead (alumnus ; 2010)
- Cindi Gelman (profession ; 2010)
- Peter Rice ADAA (ex-officio; non-voting)
- Beverly Brunson (ex-officio; non-voting)
- Cecilia Romero (staff support)