The center is a collaborative group of pharmacokinetics and pharmacogenomics experts with the scientific and technical expertise, knowledge, and physical resources to conduct high-level translational research in these fields.
- Pharmacokinetics: the study of the time course of absorption, distribution, metabolism, and excretion (i.e., disposition) of drugs in the body.
- Pharmacodynamics: the study of the relationship between drug concentrations and drug response in the body.
- Pharmacogenomics: the study of how genetic variation influences interindividual variability in drug disposition and response.
How we can help you with your research
Academic and private investigators who wish to incorporate pharmacokinetics and pharmacogenomics into their research programs are invited to contact the Center for opportunities to collaborate with members.
Peter L. Anderson PharmD
Phone: 303-724-6128 E-mail: Peter.Anderson@CUAnschutz.edu
- Focus: clinical pharmacology of antiretroviral drugs. Experience: clinical pharmacokinetics, pharmacology study design, intracellular nucleoside analog methodology, and novel approaches for adherence monitoring.
Christina L. Aquilante PharmD
Phone: 303-724-6126 Email: Christina.Aquilante@CUAnschutz.edu
- Focus: Cardiometabolic pharmacogenomics and clinical pharmacology. Experience: clinical pharmacogenomics, pharmacokinetics, drug-drug interaction studies
David W.A. Bourne PhD
Phone: 303-724-6112 Email: David.Bourne@CUAnschutz.edu
- Focus: basic pharmacokinetic modeling, non-compartmental, compartmental, PBPK, PK/PD modeling. PharmPK forum moderator. Software development - Boomer.
Paula L. Hoffman, PhD
Phone: 303-724-3628 E-mail: Paula.Hoffman@UCDenver.edu
- Focus: Basic mechanisms and genetic influences on response to alcohol and other drugs of abuse. Experience: Mouse and rat models of alcohol use and dependence including genetically selected lines; analysis of neurochemical systems and transcriptional networks underlying complex alcohol-related traits.
Melanie S. Joy PharmD, PhD
Phone: 303-724-7416 Email: Melanie.Joy@CUAnschutz.edu
- Focus: clinical pharmacology of drugs and biologics in adult and pediatric special populations with acute and chronic kidney diseases due to numerous primary and secondary etiologies. Expertise in both pre-dialysis and dialysis populations. Experience: pharmacology study design, clinical pharmacokinetics, in vivo and in vitro dialysis methodologies, basic pharmacokinetic modeling of in vitro and in vivo data, non-compartmental, compartmental, PBPK, PK/PD modeling, and pharmacogenomics.
Katerina J. Kechris, PhD
Phone: 303-724-4363 E-mail: Katerina.Kechris@CUAnschutz.edu
- Focus: Development and application of statistical methods for analyzing high throughput omics data.
Jennifer J. Kiser PharmD
Phone: 303-724-6131 Email: Jennifer.Kiser@CUAnschutz.edu
- Focus: Clinical pharmacology of antiviral drugs in persons with viral hepatitis and special populations with HIV. Co-director of the Colorado Antiviral Pharmacology laboratory. Experience with pharmacology trial design and population pharmacokinetic modeling.
Spencer Mahaffey ME
Phone: 303-724-3631 E-mail: Spencer.Mahaffey@CUAnschutz.edu
- Focus: Software development for data analysis and visualization.
Richard A. Radcliffe PhD
Phone: 303-724-3362 E-mail: Richard.Radcliffe@CUAnschutz.edu
- Focus: Genetics and genomics of responses to ethanol.
Laura M Saba, PhD
Phone: 303-724-9697 E-mail: Laura.Saba@CUAnschutz.edu
- Focus: Statistical methodology involved in systems genetics analysis including microarray analysis, next generation sequencing, genetic association studies, genetic correlations, quantitative trait loci analysis, and causal inference
Boris Tabakoff, PhD
Phone: 303-724-3668 E-mail: Boris.Tabakoff@CUAnschutz.edu
- Focus: Quantitative genetics in pharmacology. Genetic and environmental variables contributing to complex neurobiological and behavioral traits. Predisposing factors to addiction and mental disorders and drug metabolism. Development of the http://phenogen.ucdenver.edu genomics website.
Lauren A. Vanderlinden MS
Phone: 303-724-3631 E-mail: Lauren.Vanderlinden@CUAnschutz.edu
- Focus: Advanced statistical approaches for systems genetics.
Michael F. Wempe PhD
Phone: 303-724-8982 Email: Michael.Wempe@CUAnschutz.edu
- HPLC with UV, Fluorescence, PDA
- LC-MS (ThermoScientific MSQ)
- LC-MS-MS (ThermoScientific TSQ Quantum)
- UPLC-MS-MS (ThermoScientific Accela-TSQ Vantage)
- DNA isolation
- Polymerase Chain Reaction
- Phoenix Academic Bundle
- Phoenix WinNonlin
- Simcyp Simulator
- Simcyp Animal
- Biotage Primer Design Software
- PHASE (for haplotype analysis)
Study Design and Statistical Analysis
- PASS Power and Sample Size Software
- SPSS Statistical Analysis Software
- SAS Statistical Analysis Software