University of Colorado
Skaggs School of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences
Mail Stop C238
12850 E. Montview Blvd. V20-1123
Aurora, CO 80045
Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences Building (V20)
Training and Education:
- Ambulatory Care/Family Medicine Specialty Residency (PGY2), University of Colorado Denver (2013-2014)
- Pharmacy Practice Residency (PGY1), Beaumont Health System (2012-2013)
- PharmD, South Dakota State University (2012)
- BS, Pharmaceutical Sciences, South Dakota State University (2010)
- Board Certified Ambulatory Care Pharmacist
Dr. Tuchscherer serves as a clinical pharmacy specialist for Clinica Family Health Services, a system of Federally Qualified Health Centers located throughout the south Boulder, Broomfield, and Adams counties of Colorado. She provides pharmacy services at the Pecos, Thornton, and Federal Heights clinics. Dr. Tuchscherer’s areas of interest include diabetes, cardiovascular disease, and anticoagulation therapy.
- Tuchscherer RM, Nair K, Ghushchyan V, Saseen JJ. Simvastatin prescribing patterns before and after FDA dosing restrictions: a retrospective analysis of a large healthcare claims database. Am J Cardiovasc Drugs. 2015 Feb; 15(1):27-34.
- Tuchscherer RM, Saseen JJ. Does the combination of simvastatin with amlodipine increase the risk of myopathy? Evidence-Based Practice. 2015:18(1):10-11.
- Smythe MA, Koerber JM, Forsyth LL, Tuchscherer RM. Implications of heparin-induced thrombocytopenia overdiagnosis. Ann Pharmacother. 2014 Oct; 48(10):1394-1395.