University of Colorado School of Pharmacy
Mail Stop C238
12850 E. Montview Blvd. V20-1222
Aurora, CO 80045
Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences Building (V20)
Training and Education:
Doctor of Pharmacy, University of Arizona (1997)
Pharmacy Practice Residency, Boston Medical Center, Boston, MA (1997-1998)
Board Certified Pharmacotherapy Specialist (1999, 2006)
American Association of Colleges of Pharmacy - Academic Leadership Fellows Program (2006-2007)
Dr. Trujillo practices at the The University of Colorado Center for Adult Diabetes Care and Research. The center's multidisciplinary team provides diabetes management and education to patients with both type 1 and type 2 diabetes. Clinical research areas of interest include inpatient and outpatient diabetes management and education. Dr. Trujillo also has a strong interest in the scholarship of teaching and learning, curricular development and assessment.
Dr. Trujillo teaches components of the pharmacotherapy curriculum to P2 and P3 students at the School of Pharmacy including type 2 diabetes in the comprehensive patient care course. She is the co-director for the Comprehesive Patient Care course and the Professional Skills Development 3 course.
- Trujillo JM, Divall MV, Barr J et al. Development of a Peer Teaching Assessment Program and a Peer Observation and Evaluation Tool. American Journal of Pharmaceutical Education 2009;72(6): Article 147
- Trujillo JM, Barsky EE, Greenwood BC, et al. Improving glycemic control in medical inpatients: A pilot study. J Hosp Med 2008;3:55-63.
- Trujillo JM. Incretin hormones in the treatment of type 2 diabetes. Formulary 2006; 41:130-141.
- Gonyeau MJ, Trujillo JM, Divall MV. Development of progressive oral presentations in a therapeutics course series. American Journal of Pharmaceutical Education 2006;70(2): Article 36.
- Trujillo JM, Gonyeau MJ, DiVall MV, Alexander SL. Spironolactone use in patients with heart failure. Journal of Clinical Pharmacy and Therapeutics 2004;29:165-70.
- Sickels JM, Nip CS. Risedronate for the prevention of fractures in postmenopausal osteoporosis. Ann Pharmacother 2002;36:664-70.
- Sickels, JM, Lafata JE, Ansell JE. Point-of-care testing in oral anticoagulation monitoring: Implications for patient management. Dis Manage Health Outcomes 1999;5:291-301.
- Murphy JE, Sickels JM, Bradberry JC, et al. Opportunities for pharmacy specialists as the delivery of health care changes. Am J Health-Syst Pharm. 1999;56:1342-7.