University of Colorado School of Pharmacy
Mail Stop C238
12850 E. Montview Blvd. V20-1224
Aurora, CO 80045
Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences Building (V20)
E-Mail: Lisa A. Thompson@UCDenver.edu
Training and Education:
PGY2 Oncology Specialty Residency, University of Kentucky HealthCare (2009)
PGY1 Pharmacy Residency, University of Kentucky HealthCare (2008)
Doctor of Pharmacy, Cum Laude, University of Kentucky College of Pharmacy (2007)
Certifications and Fellowships:
- Board Certified Oncology Pharmacist (2011)
- Scholarship of Teaching and Learning Certificate (2008)
- American Pharmacists Association Certified Immunizing Pharmacist Training (2005)
Dr. Thompson is a clinical pharmacy specialist at the University of Colorado Cancer Center (UCCC), Anschutz Outpatient Cancer Pavilion. The UCCC is the only National Cancer Institute (NCI)-designated comprehensive cancer center in the Rocky Mountain Region. Services provided include provision of drug information and education, supportive care management, drug counseling on chemotherapy and investigational agents and toxicity monitoring for patients on phase I clinical trials. This is a rotation site for fourth-year pharmacy students, PGY1 pharmacy residents and PGY2 Oncology pharmacy residents.
Dr. Thompson co-coordinates Professional Skills Development for second-year pharmacy students. She is co-director of the Advanced Oncology Pharmacy elective, She also teaches oncology topics within the Integrated Organ Systems curriculum.
- Integrated Organs Systems IV: Chemoprevention, therapeutics and supportive care of colon cancer
- Professional Skills Development: Chemotherapy order review, hazardous medication dispensing, pain management.
- Pharm.D. Seminar: Faculty Advisor
- University of Colorado School of Medicine, Division of Medical Oncology Fellow Program: Anticancer Therapy Supportive Care
- University of Colorado School of Medicine, Department of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation Residency Program: Oncology Supportive Care (pain, neurotoxicity, long-term effects of chemotherapy)
Dr. Thompson's areas of interest include chemotherapy dose adjustment, supportive care and treatment of gastrointestinal and hematologic malignancies.
Professional Membership and Service:
- American College of Clinical Pharmacy
- American Society of Clinical Oncology
- American Association for Cancer Research
- Hematology Oncology Pharmacy Association
- Rho Chi Pharmacy Society