University of Colorado School of Pharmacy
Mail Stop C238
12850 E. Montview Blvd. V20-1202
Aurora, CO 80045
Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences Building (V20)
Training and Education:
- B.Pharm, University of Delhi, India,1991
- MS (Pharmaceutics), University of Toledo, Toledo, Ohio, 1994
- PhD (Pharmacy Administration), University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI (1999).
Kavita V. Nair, received her PhD in Pharmacy Administration from the University of Michigan in 1999 with a focus on organizational factors that influence health care delivery. Her current area of research involves pharmacy benefit design in managed care and retail pharmacy including the structure, pricing and reimbursement of medications, factors affecting the reimbursement of medication in retail pharmacy, willingness to pay for retail pharmacists services and consumer attitudes regarding their pharmacy benefit plans and the impact of multi-tiered reimbursement mechanisms on medication utilization. She is currently working with Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield of Colorado to examine the impact of two and three tier co-pay pharmacy benefit plans on the drug utilization patterns of a commercially insured population and a Medicare managed care population. She is also working with various Pharmacy Benefit Managers to examine the impact of converting prescription Claritin to an over-the-counter status on medication utilization and reimbursement mechanisms.
- Fall Semester 1999 - Pharmacy Law and Ethics (Course Coordinator)
- Fall 1999 - present Course Coordinator, Pharmacy and Healthcare Systems