University of Colorado School of Pharmacy
Mail Stop C238
12850 E. Montview Blvd. V20-1220
Aurora, CO 80045
Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences Building (V20)
Training and Education:
- Doctor of Pharmacy, University of Wisconsin-Madison School of Pharmacy 2007
- Pharmacy Practice Residency, Rush University Medical Center, Chicago, IL 2007-08
- Critical Care Residency, University of Colorado School of Pharmacy, Aurora, CO 2008-09
- Board Certified Pharmacotherapy Specialist (BCPS) 2009
- Fellowship in Critical Care/Infectious Diseases, University of Colorado School of Pharmacy, Aurora, CO 2009-2011
- Certificate in Public Health Sciences, University of Colorado School of Public Health, Aurora, CO 2011
Dr. Mueller provides clinical pharmacy services for the Medical Intensive Care Unit at the University of Colorado Hospital. He also actively participates in the antimicrobial stewardship program at the University of Colorado Hospital.
My research interests include: pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics of antimicrobial agents, microbial resistance, alcohol withdrawal syndrome, sedation, and critical care pharmacology.
- Dopp JM, Philippi NR, Marcus NJ, Olson EB, Bird CE, Moran JJ, Mueller SW, Morgan BJ. Xanthine oxidase inhibition attenuates endothelial dysfunction caused by chronic intermittent hypoxia in rats. Respiration 2011;82:458-67.
- Mueller SW, Winn R, Macht M, Fish DN, Kiser TH, MacLaren R. A case of neuromuscular blockade resistance during therapeutic hypothermia. Ann Pharmacother 2011;45(3):e15
- Mueller SW, Kiser TH. Pros and cons of extrapolating animal data on antifungal pharmacodynamics to humans. Curr Fungal Infect Rep 2011 March [Epub ahead of print] (doi: 10.1007/s12281-011-0051-0).
- Mueller SW, MacLaren R. Acute Pancreatitis. In: Schwinghammer TL, Koehler JM, eds. Pharmacotherapy Casebook: A Patient-Focused Approach. 8th ed. New York, NY: McGraw-Hill; 2011.
- Mueller SW, MacLaren R. Vasopressors and Inotropes. In: Kane-Gill SL, Dasta J, eds. High-Risk Medications in Special Patient Populations. London, UK: Springer; 2011.
- Page RL, Mueller SW, Levi ME, Lindenfeld J. Pharmacokinetic drug-drug interactions between calcineurin inhibitors and proliferation signal inhibitors with anti-microbial agents: implications for therapeutic drug monitoring. J Heart Lung Transplant 2010 November [Epub ahead of print] (doi: 10.1016/j.healun.2010.09.001).
- Mueller SW, Moore GD, MacLaren R. Fospropofol disodium for procedural sedation: emerging evidence of its value? Clinical Medicine Insights: Therapeutics 2010;2:513-522.
- Mueller SW, MacLaren R, Fish DN, Kiser TH. Prefilter bivalirudin for preventing hemofilter occlusion in continuous renal replacement therapy. Ann Pharmacother. 2009;43(7):1360-5.