University of Colorado
School of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences
Mail Stop C238
12850 E. Montview Blvd. V20-1116H
Aurora, CO 80045
Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences Building (V20)
Training and Education:
- Doctor of Pharmacy, University of Colorado School of Pharmacy BS Pharmacy, University of Colorado School of Pharmacy
- Graduate Certificate in Science Communication, University of California, Santa Cruz
- BA Biology, University of California, San Diego
Coordinator, Continuing Pharmacy Education
- Continuing Professional Development (CPD) – as an alternative paradigm for continuing education; role of reflection and self-assessment in the application of CPD
- Global Health – measures of effectiveness in health care models; innovations in health care delivery in low resource systems; enterprise solutions to poverty.
- Berggren W, Snyder E, McCartney K. Foundations for population health assessment in Haiti. Poster presentation at University of Colorado Denver 2009 Global Health Symposium, Oct 2-3.
- Berggren W, Snyder E, McCartney K. Water filters and hand-washing in Haiti. Poster presentation at University of Colorado Denver 2009 Global Health Symposium, Oct 2-3.
- Balmer C, McCartney K, Rice P. Professional development for providers: assessing educational needs of CPE providers related to performing scholarly activities, Poster presentation at 2009 AACP (American Association of Colleges of Pharmacy) Annual Meeting, Jul 18-22.
- McCartney KA. Haiti Revisited. Pharmacy Perspectives, Spring 2009, 6-7.
- McCartney KA, Shively ML. Effect of Human Serum on the pH-induced Rheological Properties of Polymethacrylic Acid. Drug Dev Ind Pharm 1991; 17(8): 1017-1025.
- Seminar on Pharmacy Issues; PHRD 7200; adviser
- Experiential Practice; PHRD 6300, 6350, 7300, 7350; writing preceptor
- Educational Project Rotation (with emphasis in continuing education, distance delivery); PRDO 8610; preceptor
- Ethics in the Health Professions; PRMD 6000, 5600; online section facilitator
- Evaluation of a Prospective Reflection Activity and its Influence on Learning and Satisfaction in Participants of a Continuing Pharmacy Education Activity; President's Teaching and Learning Collaborative; 2010-2011.
Honors and Awards:
- Pharmacist of the Year, Colorado Society of Health-Systems Pharmacists, 1999
- Rho Chi Honor Society
- “Designing an Educational Program with Accreditation in Mind,” presentation to pharmacy staff and residents at The Children’s Hospital, Aurora, Colorado; 2010.
- “Team Based Care in Hospital and Office Practice," presentation at the 57th Fall Family Medicine Review, Estes Park and Aurora, Colorado. With Perry Dickinson, MD, and Sally Garcia, RNC-OB, MBA-HCM; 2010.
- “Reaching the Educationally Underserved: Promises and Pitfalls of Developing an Online CE Platform,” presentation at the 2010 Statewide Extended Studies Conference, Pueblo, Colorado; October 14, 2010.
- “Assessing Educational Needs of CPE Providers Related to Scholarly Activities,” co-facilitator, round table discussion; ACPE 13th Conference on Continuing Pharmacy Education, 2009.
- “Continuing Professional Development: a New Paradigm for Continuing Pharmacy Education,” presentation at Advances in Pharmacy Practice: 2008 symposium, University of Colorado Denver School of Pharmacy, 2008.
- “CPD in the Ivory Tower-Implementing ACPE Standard 26 for Faculty, Staff, and Preceptors," moderator, AACP Annual Meeting and Seminars, 2007.
- “ACPE and ACCME Programming: Options to CE Providers for Accrediting their Programs for Both Disciplines”, panelist, AACP Annual Meeting and Seminars, 2007.
- “The Habits of Private Victory: Habits 1, 2, and 3,” presentation to incoming pharmacy students during the “7 Habits of Highly Effective People” workshop, University of Colorado School of Pharmacy, 2001.
Professional and Public Service:
- Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education, member, CPE Commission; January 1, 2013-December 31, 2015
- American Association of Colleges of Pharmacy, member; Continuing Professional Education Section chair, 2011-2012
- Colorado Pharmacists Society, member
- Fondasyon ETRE Ayisyen, member, advisory board, October 2010 to present
- Colorado Haiti Project Health Care Steering Committee, member, May 2009 to June 2011
- Medical mission trips with Colorado Haiti Project: 2008, 2009, 2010; Petit Trou de Nippes, Haiti.