University of Colorado School of Pharmacy
Mail Stop C238
12850 E. Montview Blvd. V20-3122
Aurora, CO 80045
Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences Building (V20)
Training and Education:
- B.Pharm, University of Delhi, India, 1991
- MS (Pharmaceutics), University of Toledo, Toledo, Ohio, 1994
- PhD (Pharmacy Administration), University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI (1999).
Kavita V.Nair, PhD, is a professor in Pharmaceutical Outcomes Research. For the past 16 years, she has been leading research endeavors as the principal investigator in externally funded grants (industry, state and federal) totaling over $10 million and as co-investigator in amounts greater. Currently, her primary research interests lie in examining the comparative effectiveness of various disease modifying agents used in the treatment of Multiple Sclerosis using triangulated measures that include brain atrophy rates, clinical cognition and patient reported outcomes. Another area of research she is conducting is comparative effectiveness research among oral direct anti-viral agents in the treatment of Hepatitis C. She is also involved in the evaluation of Project ECHO for Hepatitis C in Colorado. Other areas of research interests include prostate cancer, overactive bladder, chronic kidney disease and ACS.
- Co-coordinator for PHRD 6945 in the PharmD Program
- Coordinator for Pharmaceutical and Health Policy (PHSC 7616) in the graduate programs