University of Colorado
Skaggs School of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences
Mail Stop C238
12850 E. Montview Blvd. V20-1126
Aurora, CO 80045
Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences Building (V20)
Training and Education:
- PharmD from South Dakota State University (2013)
- PGY1 Pharmacy Practice residency at University of North Carolina Health System (2014)
- PGY2 Ambulatory Care/Family Medicine residency at CU SSPPS (2015)
Board Certified Ambulatory Care Pharmacist (2015)
Clinical pharmacy specialist for the Lowry and Anschutz Medical Center Internal Medicine Clinics at University of Colorado Hospital. Clinical pharmacy services provided for patients include medication therapy management, pharmacotherapy consults, and drug information. This is also a rotation site for pharmacy students and residents. Dr. Fixen's areas of interest include: diabetes, hypertension, anticoagulation, and population health management.
- Fixen C, Fixen D. Managing and maintaining bone mineral density in diabetes patients with pharmacotherapy. Expert Opinion on Pharmacotherapy. Dec 2017.
- Vande Greind J, Rhyne D, Fixen C, Zupec J, Saseen J. Clinic-level comprehensive medication review by PGY2 ambulatory care pharmacy residents to optimize medication management in a self-insured employer health plan population. Journal of Pharmacy Practice. Mar 2017.
- Fixen C, Saseen J, Vande Greind J, Linnebur S. Retrospective assessment of mean blood pressure in persons aged 60-79 before and after the publication of 2013 ASH/ISH and JNC8 recommendations for treatment of hypertension. Therapeutic Advances in Cardiovascular Disease. Oct 2015.