The College of Nursing BS Student Council is formed from interested students in representation of the BS student body as a whole. Student Council activities support the missions of the University of Colorado, the College of Nursing and those of the Baccalaureate-prepared student nurse.
In particular, the mission of the Student Council is:
To serve as a liaison between the student body and administration, to promote student community through the sponsorship of activities and provide resources that aid students during their tenure at the College of Nursing.
As such, Student Council aims to support activities that are consistent with the mission of the College of Nursing:
Improving human health by educating practitioners in nursing, delivering exemplary health care, and conducting research in the health sciences.
And that are consistent with the QSEN competencies for Professional Nurses:
- Patient-Centered Care
- Teamwork & Collaboration
- Evidence Based Practice
- Quality Improvement
Specifically, Student Council is active in the following activities:
- Peer Mentor Program – Providing Senior student guidance to incoming College of Nursing Juniors
- Communication – Acting as a liaison between the BS student body and the administration to facilitate proactive feedback, issue resolution and process improvements
- Community Outreach – Supporting students in opportunities to practice and hone their QSEN skills
- Fundraising – Offering College of Nursing merchandise or memorabilia with a portion of proceeds dedicated to student support and activities
- Recognition – Acknowledgment and support of groups and organizations that are in alignment with the goals of the BS student body and Student Council mission
- Unity – Hosting or sponsoring events that bring College of Nursing students together with their peers
All BS students within the College of Nursing are welcome to attend Student Council meetings and are allowed to vote on items raised by the council.
Meetings are the first Friday of every month from 1-2 p.m. Room assignments are to be determined; check in with your class representative for further details.