Major responsibilities include:
1. Teach up to 12 credit hours per fall and spring semester.
2. Advise students in nursing degree requirements.
3. Design and implement theoretical, clinical or laboratory instruction plus evaluate and revise course curriculum.
4. Evaluate student achievement of course objectives related to nursing knowledge and practice.
5. Participate in development, implementation, evaluation, & revision of Nursing Education Program.
6. Provide oversight and evaluation of Associate Nursing Instructional Personnel.
7. Participate in development, evaluation, and revision of student policies.
8. Participate in college and departmental services.
Final course assignments will depend upon department needs as well as the preferences of the successful candidate. We are primarily and institution focused on teaching excellence, and the teaching load is comprised of 12 credit hours each semester. Adams State University currently offers a Bachelor's of Science in Nursing in two program tracks: 1) Traditional Four Year BSN Program, and 2) RN to BSN Completion Program. Housed on our campus is a state-of-the-art nursing simulation laboratory.
For more information fn1102 assistant professor of nursing.pdf