• Collaborates and works closely with facility CNOs to develop, implement, and maintain a shared-leadership model at facilities within the region. Supports facility CNOs in overseeing the facility s advance practice registered nursing (APRN), allied health credentialing review processes and peer review processes.
• Serves as a resource for Magnet activities on behalf of the organization s journey toward recognition; works with Professional Practice senior leadership to support the advancement of Magnet standards at facilities within the region.
• Serves as a resource on matters pertaining to professional practice as defined in the Nurse Practice Acts and interpreted by the State Boards of Nursing in the states in which Banner operates.
• Develops and standardizes professional practice work utilizing the organization s framework and infrastructure. Ensures professional practice standards are integrated into work, workforce redesign and clinical delivery models.
• Serves as a primary resource and contact person for NDNQI-related activities at assigned facilities.
• Facilitates assessment, redesign, and evaluation of clinical delivery models in collaboration with clinical discipline teams, clinical informatics and care management.
• Oversees evidence-based research and practice initiatives that are sensitive to market conditions and aligned with major clinical initiatives and quality outcomes. May direct and/or support nursing research and research utilization efforts, including study design, evaluation and protection of human rights.
• May be responsible for the development and management of department budget.
Equivalent to a Master's Degree in Nursing or related healthcare field and a minimum of five years clinical practice leadership experience within a complex, highly matrixed healthcare setting. Current RN license in state of practice. Must demonstrate clear understanding of human relations, shared leadership principles, adult learning theories, complex systems principles and basic business principles as related to health care delivery in an acute care setting. Must have a successful track record in the design and implementation of new programs. Requires the ability to create collaborative working relationships. Must demonstrate analytical, problem solving, project management, critical thinking and organizational skills. Requires effective coaching and negotiation skills along with strong presentation and group facilitation skills. Demonstrates working knowledge of common office software, along with the ability to access, compile, evaluate and use information appropriately. Must organize and convey information in meaningful ways using a variety of electronic media. Requires the ability to learn new technologies and incorporate them as appropriate to further workforce development.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.