ORS AREAS OF EXCELLENCE OVERVIEW
The Office of Research and Scholarship Areas of Excellence (AE) Initiative establishes zones of common research interest among College of Nursing faculty members. Within their areas of mutual interest, faculty members can collaborate by (a) forming even smaller, more-focused research groups that advance the research programs of multiple AE members or (b) providing intra-AE consultation/review to support the projects of individual members of that AE.
The Areas of Excellence are cross-functional: each AE integrates the perspectives, skill sets, and resources of various College of Nursing faculty members.
The Areas of Excellence are inter-professional: they cultivate non-College of Nursing stakeholders.
In sum, the ORS Areas of Excellence provide each College of Nursing faculty member with a scholarly research home.
BREAKDOWN OF ORS AREAS-OF-EXCELLENCE
1. AE1: Vulnerable Populations
- Obesity across the lifespan
- At-risk/homeless youth and ways of accessing primary care
- Biological/behavioral causes of labor dystocia
- Infants with GERD-like symptoms
AE1 Upcoming Meeting Schedule
- Monday, April 14, 2014, 3:00-4:00, Ed 2 North, Room 2302
- Monday, May 12, 2014, 3:00-4:00, Ed 2 North, Room 2302
2. AE2: Contexts of Care and Patient Safety
- Effects of nursing systems on patient outcomes
- Adherence to medication regimens
- Patient outcomes and nurse residency programs (NRPs)
- Health and safety across the lifespan
- Prevention of adverse events in acute-care hospitals
AE2 Upcoming Meeting Schedule
- Monday, April 14, 2014, 1:00-3:00, Ed 2 North, Room 3108
- Monday, May 12, 2014, 1:00-3:00, Ed 2 North, Room 3108
3. AE3: Biobehavioral Self-Management of Symptoms
- Complementary therapies in labor and birth
- Functional health among geriatrics
- Post-cancer survivorship
- Cognitive-behavioral therapy for treatment of insomnia
- Transitions of care in elderly population
AE3 Upcoming Meeting Schedule