International Student Applicants
International applicants are encouraged to begin the application process one year prior to their requested admission term.
- In addition to the standard admission requirements, international applicants must submit the following:
- A copy of your current passport.
- Financial statement for international applicants. Call 303-315-2230 for more information.
- TOEFL Test Required for All Applicants with a Primary Language other than English: It is the policy of the College of Nursing to require all applicants to the college whose primary spoken language is not English to submit Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) scores as part of the application process. (All international applicants to the College of Nursing must submit a TOEFL score.) Effective July 1, 2009, a total score of at least 560 on the paper-based TOEFL and 50 or above on the Test of Spoken English (TSE), 220 on the computer-based TOEFL and 50 or above on the TSE, or 83 on the Internet-based TOEFL with 26 or above on the Spoken portion is required. Potential applicants that do not currently meet the minimum TOEFL requirement may participate in the College’s free English as Second Language (ESL) workshops that are offered on Saturdays throughout the school year. Current students, faculty and staff at the College of Nursing may also participate in the ESL workshops at no cost.
- For all applicants with educational coursework from a country other than the U.S.:
A course by course evaluation for U.S. equivalency of international transcripts done by an approved international transcript evaluation service.
- Evaluation by World Education Services (WES) is preferred.
- The evaluation must be mailed directly from the evaluation service to the College of Nursing.
4. The applicant will be notified of admission status by mail. Please contact the Office of Student Affairs and Diversity for changes in name, address, telephone number or e-mail address.