The admission cycle
Students are admitted once a year: Summer semester
Review application deadlines: The application opens August 1 and closes October 15. Once admitted, students start the following summer semester.
Accelerated option (for student with a previous bachelors degree prior to starting the program)
Students are admitted once a year: Spring semester
Review application deadlines: The application opens April 1 through June 15. Once admitted, students start the following Spring semester.
1. Follow and review the admissions requirements: prerequisites, TOEFL, and GPA requirements.
2. Review the Application Tools: transfer credit and calculate your overall GPA.
3. Please note: A mandatory Interview Day for the January 2014 UCAN (University of Colorado Accelerated Nursing) Program is tentatively scheduled for July 26, 2013. Applicants who are selected for interviews will be notified no later than July 15, 2013. Applicants who are not selected for interviews will not be moving forward in the application process.
1. Review the How to Apply Page: understand the required fields and forms and review essay questions.
2. Transcripts (click on Transcript tab for additional information)
Have transcripts sent early. The College of Nursing now accepts official eTranscripts. Please request that the official eTranscripts be e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
It is very important that you request your official transcripts (from all colleges or universities where course work has been taken) to be sent directly to the mailing address. Please request that official transcripts be mailed directly to the following:
Office of Student Affairs & Diversity
University of Colorado Denver, College of Nursing
13120 E 19th Avenue C288-6
Aurora, CO 80045
To verify that your transcripts have arrived you will need to submit an application. Then you will want to check your status on the prospective student portal (please allow 48 hours for application processing)
1. Start application as soon as possible.
2. Register for a username and password. Once registered, check your email account to start your online application.
3. Submit your application.
4. Check your application status online. Use the same username and password as the online application. Please allow up to eight weeks post the application deadline for admission decisions.