Sheridan Health Services takes pride in the communities in which we serve. We have partnered with local organizations to increase awareness in our services as well as meeting the high demand for medical care in the community. Any upcoming events at the clinic, information for donations and volunteer opportunities are posted here.
As a 501(c)3, Sheridan Health Services is successful in a large part due to private donations. Donations to the clinic in any amount are greatly appreciated. Checks can be made out to The Regents of the University of Colorado and can be delivered to the clinic in person or via U.S. Mail.
We have four tracks for volunteers to select from. Each provides a unique experience for the volunteer and immense help to the clinic. The ideal volunteer could commit to 1 full day per week.
- Help to check in patients.
- Work on presumptive eligibility and financial screens for new patients.
- Help at the front desk by: making copies, answering phones and taking messages, sending faxes, and creating patient charts.
- Updating electronic client databases and forms.
- Aid in financial screening process.
- Filing and updating charts with new faxes and information.
- Community outreach to further clinic exposure (flyers, swag, pamphlets, etc.)
- Calling current and past patients to maintain databases and update on services.
- Helping to find more people interested in volunteering at SHS.
- Help to check in patients and then take them to their room when provider is ready.
- Prepare patients by taking vital signs and gathering charts for the providers.
- Aide in vision and auditory screenings.
- Updating files with new faxes and information.
- Filing completed charts.
- Work with Medical Assistant to aide with busy days.
- “Helping hands” at the clinics.