Clinical-Translational Research Advisory Committee (CTRAC)
membership represents the research leadership of the entities that make up the
Colorado Clinical and Translational Sciences Institute (CCTSI): SOM, CON, SOP,
SOD, UCD downtown campus, National Jewish, both University and Children’s
Hospitals, and Regulatory Compliance/Clinical Research Support Center.
monthly and advises the Dean and the Vice Chancellor for Research on matters
related to the conduct of patient-related and community-based research. Its
other major mission is to educate members and their constituencies about
activities, opportunities, and needs across the programs of the CCTSI and to
promote collaboration and exchange of ideas.
In the 2013-14 academic year the
committee was updated about research in the CON, SOP, VA Hospital, Cancer
Center, and downtown campus.
CTRAC Initiatives in 2009-2013:
- Decided on a campus-wide database of researchers and their interests.
- Worked to improve Colorado Multiple Institutional Review Board (COMIRB) response time.
- Led campus faculty in discussion of whether the School of Medicine should partner with DaVita Inc. as it develops a Phase 1 inpatient unit in the neighboring bioscience park.
- Reviewed evaluation component of Colorado Clinial and Translational Sciences Institute (CCTSI), monitored social networking of CCTSI and principal investigators as a model for all Clinical and Translational Science Awards nationally.
- Endorsed $2 million for Positron Emission Tomography - Computed Tomography (PET-CT ), $200,000 for genome sequencer and $150,000 for Standard Operation Procedures.
- Supported initiation of REDCap Database for CCTSI.
- Reviewed Research Retreat presentations/initiatives for the Dean, emphasizing those that would support translational research.
- Reviewed access to library and on-line journals that are not available to Denver Health and Hospitals faculty or volunteer faculty.
- Reviewed research activities of faculty in College of Nursing, School of Pharmacy, VA, and downtown UCD, and research support activities of University of Colorado Health and Children's Hospital Colorado, 2012-13.
Research Advisory Committee (CTRAC) / Colorado Clinical and Translational
Sciences Institute (CCTSI) Internal Advisory Committee
William Hiatt, MD – Committee Chair
David Badesch, MD
Warren (Cappy) Capell, MD
Bob Damrauer, PhD
Greg Downey, MD
Bob Eckel, MD
Anthony Elias, MD
Mark Geraci, MD
Jennifer Holcomb, NP
Michael Kahn, MD, PhD
Allison Kempe, MD, MPH
Wendy Kohrt, PhD
Alison Lakin, RN, PhD
Tim Lockie, MS, MBA
Alex Polotsky, MD
Mary Reyland, PhD
David Ross, PhD
Ron Sokol, MD
Karen Sousa, PhD
Fred Suchy, MD
Richard Traystman, PhD
Richard Johnston, MD