Clinical-Translational Research Advisory Committee (CTRAC) membership represents the research leadership of the entities that make up the Colorado Clinical and Translational Sciences Institute (CCTSI): SOM, CON, SOP, SOD, UCD downtown campus, National Jewish, both University and Children’s Hospitals, and the Regulatory Compliance/Clinical Research Support Center.
It meets quarterly and advises the Dean and the Vice Chancellor for Research on matters related to the conduct of patient-related and community-based research. Its other major mission is to educate members and their constituencies about activities, opportunities, and needs across the programs of the CCTSI and the AMC and to promote collaboration and exchange of ideas.
Over the last academic year CTRAC efforts have included framing possible responses to changes in NIH funding of the CCTSI, priorities for strengthening campus infrastructure for patient- and population-directed research, and improved collaborations across all components of the Anschutz Medical Campus and University of Colorado Denver.
CTRAC Initiatives in 2009-2013:
- Decided on a campus-wide database of researchers and their interests.
- Worked to improve Colorado Multiple Institutional Review Board (COMIRB) response time.
- Led campus faculty in discussion of whether the School of Medicine should partner with DaVita Inc. as it develops a Phase 1 inpatient unit in the neighboring bioscience park.
- Reviewed evaluation component of Colorado Clinial and Translational Sciences Institute (CCTSI), monitored social networking of CCTSI and principal investigators as a model for all Clinical and Translational Science Awards nationally.
- Endorsed $2 million for Positron Emission Tomography - Computed Tomography (PET-CT ), $200,000 for genome sequencer and $150,000 for Standard Operation Procedures.
- Supported initiation of REDCap Database for CCTSI.
- Reviewed Research Retreat presentations/initiatives for the Dean, emphasizing those that would support translational research.
- Reviewed access to library and on-line journals that are not available to Denver Health and Hospitals faculty or volunteer faculty.
- Reviewed research activities of faculty in College of Nursing, School of Pharmacy, VA, and downtown UCD, and research support activities of University of Colorado Health and Children's Hospital Colorado, 2012-13.
Research Advisory Committee (CTRAC) / Colorado Clinical and Translational
Sciences Institute (CCTSI) Internal Advisory Committee
William Hiatt, MD – Committee Chair
David Badesch, MD
Warren (Cappy) Capell, MD
Bob Damrauer, PhD
Greg Downey, MD
Anthony Elias, MD
Michael Kahn, MD, PhD
Allison Kempe, MD, MPH
Wendy Kohrt, PhD
Alison Lakin, RN, PhD
Tim Lockie, MS, MBA
Peter Mourani, MD
Meredith Mealer, PhD
Alex Polotsky, MD
Mary Reyland, PhD
David Ross, PhD
Ron Sokol, MD
Karen Sousa, PhD
Fred Suchy, MD
Peter Buttrick, MD
Richard Traystman, PhD