The Core leadership is available to assist investigators in:
- Appropriate research design including cardiovascular imaging outcomes to be assessed, sample size determination, etc.
- Development of new imaging approaches and techniques. Specific targets include:
- impedance, to quantify total vascular load
- local stiffness, to quantify local mechanical changes and remodeling
- wall shear stress, to link vascular mechanics to mechanistic signaling
- ventricular-vascular coupling, to measure heart reserve function
- 3D strain, to measure regional myocardial contractility in all 3 directions with single beat analysis