Hands-on, mentored research opportunities in RNA Biology, Chemistry, Biochemistry, Genomics, and Bioinformatics
The RNA Bioscience Initiative (RBI) at the University of Colorado School of Medicine in the Denver metro area offers a summer research internship program in the areas of RNA Biology, Chemistry, Biochemistry, Genomics, and Bioinformatics. Interns are matched with one of the faculty from the biomedical research departments on the campus, including researchers studying the molecular bases of cancer, developmental biology, and infectious disease.
Undergraduate students with a strong interest in RNA research are encouraged to apply for this program. The program is especially intended for undergrads wishing to gain more research experience in advance of applying to graduate school. Applicants may designate three preferred potential mentors from RBI faculty or they may contact an RBI faculty member ahead of applying and pre-arrange an internship (please note this on the application).
The RNA Bioscience Initiative was started with a $20 million dollar award from the University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus. The mission of the RBI is to create and expand a vibrant center of discovery and innovation in RNA research, diagnostics and therapy. Our goal is to provide a fluid pipeline from basic to clinical RNA research at the Anschutz Medical Campus.
- 10-week program. June 1-August 11. Start and end dates are flexible based on school calendar. $4000 stipend.
- Opportunities to work hands-on in the lab of a research mentor on one of a broad range of cutting-edge RNA research projects.
- An orientation day to the RNA Bioscience Initiative and Internship Program.
- Weekly RNA-related small group lunch seminars from core RBI faculty.
- A short oral presentation at the end of the project to develop science speaking skills.
- Spend the summer in Denver, CO, which offers a great balance of urban and outdoor activities.
Send completed application materials to Karen Vockrodt at: email@example.com.
MS Word version of the application (easier to fill out than the PDF).
2016 RNA Summer Interns