We do not offer PGD ourselves but we seek to be as supportive as possible to patients seeking prenatal diagnosis via PGD. We collaborate with several PGD centers by sending samples and reports as requested, for a modest fee.
Sorry, we do not offer Paternity Testing and do not guarantee or endorse any Paternity Testing lab. Disclaimer: These links are offered only for your convenience.
If you send a sample of questionable quality, please flag it for our special attention. Add a note to the order form or send a fax or detailed voice mail message by phone. We extract DNA daily from all samples received, and quantify each sample promptly. If the quantity of DNA is insufficient, we will realize before running the test and will request a replacement sample. Cancellation policy at this stage: $75 for DNA extraction. DNA extraction of a replacement sample is free.
Send samples or specimens to our “Shipping Address”: Room P18-4404K, 12800 E. 19th Avenue, Aurora, CO 80045. We recommend a courier for all samples, to ensure a quick, secure transport whose delivery status can be tracked.
It is very important to state the room number (P18-4404K) when sending a sample. Courier services such as Fedex will not deliver samples to a PO Box or Mail Stop number, and the sample may be lost.
Send general correspondence or payments to our “Mailing Address” (or Postal Address): 12800 E. 19th Avenue, Mail Stop 8313, Aurora, CO 80045. Mail Stop 8313 (MS 8313) is our internal PO Box number on our university campus.
Sorry we cannot accept packages on weekends (Saturdays or Sundays) or official holidays. Even if a member of staff happens to be working after hours, the building will be securely locked and the courier will be unable to make the delivery.
These are the options when you send samples for prenatal diagnosis. For all prenatal diagnosis, create a cell culture and maintain it until results are reported. For all prenatal diagnosis, order MCC, test #7, using either a new maternal sample or a maternal sample previously stored in our lab.
A) PGD: Contact us about working with a PGD center.
B) CVS Options:
- Create cell culture AND send DNA from direct CVS tissue AND keep the cell culture growing.
- Create cell culture AND send cleaned, direct CVS tissue AND keep the cell culture growing.
- Create cell culture AND send DNA from CVS cell culture AND keep the cell culture growing.
- Create cell culture AND send CVS cell culture AND keep the cell culture growing.
C) Amniocentesis Options:
- Create cell culture AND send DNA from direct amniotic fluid AND keep the cell culture growing.
- Create cell culture AND send uncultured direct amniotic fluid AND keep the cell culture growing.
- Create cell culture AND send DNA from amniotic cell culture AND keep the cell culture growing.
- Create cell culture AND send cultured amniocytes AND keep the cell culture growing.
Parental testing may be offered at no charge, at the discretion of the laboratory directors. Authorization from a laboratory director must be obtained prior to sample submission or charges will be incurred.
For all tests, complete an Order Form for each person and include a Billing/Receipt address, even for a free test. We will use it to send an “invoice” confirming that no money is owed.