D2V will serve as a host site for the 2019 AcademyHealth Delivery System Science Fellowship (DSSF).
Now in its ninth year, the DSSF is a professional development opportunity for highly qualified, doctorally prepared individuals who are interested in enhancing and applying their analytic skills to relevant and timely research topics in a delivery system setting. The ultimate goal of the Fellowship is to increase the capacity of the health services research (HSR) workforce by providing experiential-learning opportunities in delivery system settings for highly qualified researchers with a background in HSR or related fields.
“We are thrilled to serve as a host site for AcademyHealth's Delivery System Science Fellowship for the second straight year,” said D2V Co-Director Lisa Schilling, MD, MSPH. “AcademyHealth is the preeminent organization for health services research with the goal of generating evidence to inform practice and policy.”
The 2019 application cycle is now open. The submission of an intent to apply form is required before beginning the formal application process. The application cycle will close on Monday, January 14, 2019 at 5:00 p.m. ET. Please contact AcademyHealth staff with any questions.
Applications must include:
- A completed Fellowship Application Form, including:
- Current résumé/curriculum vitae.
- One analytic writing sample (no more than 10 pages, including references).
- Please Note: There is a strong preference for the submission of a sole-authored writing sample (even if unpublished). The submission of a multi-authored writing sample will be accepted; however, authorship role must be clearly defined.
- A statement of interest/essay (no longer than 1,000 words) addressing the applicant’s:
- Interest in conducting rigorous quality improvement and applied research studies in delivery system settings;
- Preparation and qualifications for the DSSF; and
- Personal learning objectives and the value of the fellowship to the applicant’s career plans and goals.
- Supporting documentation, including:
- Two letters of recommendation. Applicants must indicate referee information as part of the application. All letters must be:
- On official letterhead
- Signed by your reference
- References have until 5:00 p.m. ET on Friday, January 18 to submit their letter.
*Applicants should include their full name on all supporting application materials.
To begin the application process, please visit the AcademyHealth