Science to Improve Value: Proposal Development Opportunity
2019 D2V Big Ideas Funding Opportunity Announcement
The Data Science to Patient Value
(D2V) Initiative's mission is to develop, implement, and disseminate
person-centered, high value health care through innovations in data and health
D2V is opening a project funding opportunity to support big ideas that require additional preliminary data or other grant development support that will lead to the submission of promising grant application proposals for extramural funding.
D2V is particularly interested in supporting work that leads to the development and submission of Program Project/Center Grants (P series). Program project/center grants are large, multi-project efforts that generally include a diverse array of research activities linked by a common theme. Additional funding mechanisms of interest include Center grants (eg. P and U awards), Training Grants, and other R01 or equivalent grants from federal agencies or foundations.
Examples of the types of activities that this D2V funding opportunity is able to support include:
- Administrative and project management support.
Preliminary data collection
- Statistical support for analysis and power/sample size calculations
- Critical review of grant drafts
- Professional editorial review
- Mock study section review
The proposed project must contribute directly to advancing the D2V mission
with a focus on the disciplines of data science and/or health services research.
In August 2019, we will fund/support up to four proposals that are focused on developing submissions of promising extramural grant applications.
1. Proposals should describe the planned funding agency and mechanism and include a brief paragraph describing why this agency is likely to fund the project.
2. Lead applicant(s) must be CU Anschutz Associate Professors or Full Professors with a track record of funded research (R01 or equivalent).
3. D2V encourages projects that build collaborations and partnerships with non-academic stakeholders, including health technology companies, health information exchanges, patient/communities, health systems, payers and other health-related stakeholders.
application must include: a) a cover page including an abstract (300 words in
length); b) a two-page single-spaced research plan (Arial font 11 point (10
characters per inch), margins at least 0.5 inch on all sides); and c) biosketches for key personnel.
5. Promising applications will be invited to present their proposals to the D2V Executive and Core Lead committees.
6. D2V is seeking to support and partner with investigators to develop innovative proposal ideas into fundable grant applications.
7. Investigators may not receive salary support.
All queries should be addressed to Kelley Burns (firstname.lastname@example.org) 303-724-0327.
Review criteria include: (1) topic relevance to D2V mission; (2) likelihood that the proposed work and grant proposal will be completed within one year; (3) strength of the investigator team; and (4)
likelihood that the investigator team will submit a competitive grant proposal within two years.
should be sent electronically no later
than 5:00 p.m. MT on 4/1/2019 to email@example.com
Review and Award Schedule:
Proposal submission due: April 1, 2019
Proposal review date: May 2019
Funding announcement date: July 2019
Project Start date: August 2019