The Community Engagement and Outreach programmatic area within ACCORDS functions through the Program Lead, Don Nease, who is the Director of Community Engagement for the Colorado Clinical and Translational Sciences Institute (CCTSI). The Community Engagement core utilizes an innovative community-academic partnership structured and designed to optimize and mobilize our individual and collective capacity to promote innovation, collaboration and facilitation of quality, community-relevant science.
- Provide administrative infrastructure & formal opportunity for community-academic collaborations
- Enhance public trust in the research enterprise
- Target efforts to reduce health disparities
- Increase investments in community based and translational research
- Educate academic researchers and community members about the principles and methodology of community engaged research.