Adolescent-targeted vaccines, particularly the human papillomavirus (HPV) vaccine,
are under utilized in the US. There is a need to find mechanisms to increase levels of
HPV vaccination among adolescents, particularly those 11-12years old.
This web-based toolkit includes materials and strategies that have been shown to
help improve providers strongly recommending the HPV vaccine and increasing
These tools can be incorporated individually on a provider-level or as a practice-wide
implementation. Explore these tools using the top navigation bar or by clicking the links below.
Provide the Decision Aid
to the parent to take home, and encourage the parent to
visit the website again.
• After strong initial recommendation, provider can download a worksheet of
Refer the iVac Website link
to patients located on both the facts sheet and decision aid.
• Provider may offer additional counseling regarding HPV vaccination as
needed during the visit, utilizing the Fact Sheet
• The User Guide provides specific suggestions for provider utilization
• Assign a Practice Champion to advocate and incorporate these tools into
• Check out the Process Maps to understand where and when to utilize these
tools in your practice’s workflow
• The User Guide provides specific suggestions for implementation