Linda Crnic Institute's Mission - Vision - Values
- Significantly improve the lives of all people with Down syndrome
- Eradicate the ill effects associated with Down syndrome (having an extra chromosome 21)
- Provide the world’s first “cradle-to-cradle,” fully integrated institute for Down syndrome with the highest quality basic, translational and clinical research, clinical trials, therapeutic development, medical care, education and advocacy in the pursuit of the mission
- Change the paradigm of how people with Down syndrome are perceived by society
- Serve as the Anschutz Medical Campus gold standard for translational research for Colorado and the gold standard worldwide
- Excellence: Hire and inspire the best management team, scientists and medical talent that dedicate their lives to making a difference.
- Leadership: Lead with clarity of vision and implementation. Have courage to embark down new paths, have new ideas and to measure outcomes. Inspire others to join us.
- Respect and Trust: Hold the highest regard for children and adults with Down syndrome and their families. Earn and maintain the trust of our patients, families, scientific communities and our partners.
- Hope: Inspire hope in people with Down syndrome, their families, caregivers and all who touch their lives.
- Accountability: Hold the highest standard of accountability for our scientific outcomes, to our donors and investors, and above all, to people with Down syndrome, and all who touch their lives.
- No research institute has declared the full solution of the DS genetic disorder as it’s goal
- No medical institute encompasses basic scientific research, clinical trials and medical health care under one roof
Why the Institute Will Succeed
- Unique Vision and Right Timing
- Committed Partners
- Compelling Incentive for Faculty
- Ability and Desire to Make a Difference for people with Down syndrome
- Strong Community Support
- Extraordinary and Enlightened Public/Private Enterprise