If in psychological emergency/crisis:
- 911/Local emergency rooms
National Suicide Prevention Lifelinewww.suicidepreventionlifeline.org 1-800-273-TALK (8255).
A 24-hour, toll-free, confidential suicide prevention service available to anyone in crisis. After calling, you will be routed to the closest possible crisis center (more than 130 centers across the country.) This group's mission is to provide immediate assistance to anyone seeking mental health services, for themselves or others.
For non-emergent concerns, counseling, etc ...
Administration - all confidential. For personal counseling and/or referrals.
- Dean Garrity, Associate Dean for Student Life. 303-724-6407
- Terri Blevins, Interim-Assistant Dean for Student Affairs 303-724-6407
- Dr. John Repine, Associate Dean for Student Advocacy 303-315-8051, 303-315-8262 or pager 303-266-7014.
Student Mental Health Service: available to all students in the School of Medicine.
- Margaret Roath, LCSW; 303-315-8159, office is 2J05 in the Colorado Psychiatric Hospital Bldg. Available Th/F.
- Deb Seymour, Psy.D.,720-848-9094, office is in the AF Williams Family Medicine Clinic at Stapleton. Avaialable M/T/W.
CPHP (Colorado Physician Health Program): www.cphp.org
- The mission of Colorado Physician Health Program is to assist physicians, residents, and medical students who may have health problems (emotional, psychological, or medical) which if left untreated, could adversely affect their ability to practice medicine safely. CPHP clients are assured confidentiality as required by law or regulation. For example, CPHP assists its clients with medical and/or psychiatric conditions (e.g. Alzheimer’s disease, HIV infection, depression or substance abuse) as well as psychosocial conditions (e.g. family problems or stress related to work or professional liability difficulties).
- CPHP provides diagnostic evaluation, treatment referral as well as treatment monitoring and support services. CPHP believes that early intervention and evaluation offer the best opportunity for a successful outcome and preventing the health condition from needlessly interfering with medical practice.
Websites with extensive local resources:
Support groups: information and meeting time/locations