Introduction to Emergency Medicine Lunch Lecture
- Friday, September 19th, from 12 to 1 pm in Education 1, Room 1500
- Dr. Kennon Heard, Associate Professor of Emergency Medicine, will deliver an informative casual lecture to answer basic questions about EM, such as: What is Emergency Medicine? Where do EM docs practice and what do they do? Dr. Heard will also reserve a portion of the hour for a Q&A session.
Casting / Splinting Skills Night (co-hosted by OSIG, FMIG, and EMIG)
- Tuesday, October 7th, from 6 to 8 pm in RC-1 North, Rm. 1405-1409
- Students will learn the indications for different casts and splints, and then practice placing them on their peers. The event will be taught by residents & faculty in orthopedics, emergency medicine and family medicine
Documentary Screening: "24/7/365 - The Evolution of Emergency Medicine
- Thursday, October 23rd, from 5:30 to 7 pm in TBD
- This must-see documentary tells the story of the beginning of emergency medicine and how the founders of the specialty changed the American medical landscape.
Pediatric Emergency Medicine Lunch Lecture
- Thursday, November 6th, from 12 to 1 pm in TBD
- Dr. Erika Sidney, Assistant Professor in Pediatrics-Emergency / Urgent Care / NOC, will deliver an informative on the various facets of Pediatric Emergency Medicine