Introduction to Emergency Medicine Lunch Lecture
- Friday, September 19th, from 12 to 1 pm in Education 1, Room 1500
- Dr. Kennon Heard, Associate Professor of Emergency Medicine, will deliver an informative casual lecture to answer basic questions about EM, such as: What is Emergency Medicine? Where do EM docs practice and what do they do? Dr. Heard will also reserve a portion of the hour for a Q&A session.
Casting / Splinting Skills Night (co-hosted by OSIG, FMIG, and EMIG)
- Tuesday, October 7th, from 6 to 8 pm in RC-1 North, Rm. 1405-1409
- Students will learn the indications for different casts and splints, and then practice placing them on their peers. The event will be taught by residents & faculty in orthopedics, emergency medicine and family medicine
Documentary Screening: "24/7/365 - The Evolution of Emergency Medicine
- Thursday, October 23rd, from 5:30 to 7 pm in TBD
- This must-see documentary tells the story of the beginning of emergency medicine and how the founders of the specialty changed the American medical landscape.
Pediatric Emergency Medicine Lunch Lecture
- Thursday, November 6th, from 12 to 1 pm in Education 1, Rm. 1400
- Dr. Halden Scott, Assistant Professor of Pediatrics / attending physician in the Children's Hospital of Colorado ED, will deliver an informative lecture on the various facets of Pediatric Emergency Medicine
IV Skills Night
- Wednesday, November 19th, from 5 to 7pm in RC1-North, Rooms 1408-1409
- Learn how to place IV lines and get real hands-on practice with your classmates! Denver Health EMTs will teach you all about fluid resuscitation and share their tips & tricks to starting lines.
- Space is limited. RSVP now!
Avalanche Resuscitation Evening Presentation
- Thursday, November 20th, from 5:30 to 7:30 pm in Education 1, Rm. 1400
- Colorado is one of the leading states for avalanche activity in the country. Would you know what to do if you had to treat an avalanche burial victim? Learn about the...
- Interesting pathophysiology of an avalanche burial patient, from initial burial to treatment
- Most up to date research in the field of avalanche resuscitation.
- Technology available for avalanche rescue situations, from RECCO to beacons, and everything in between.
- Kevin Kelble is a flight paramedic for Flight for Life Colorado, ski patroller for Copper Mountain Ski Resort, and a member of Summit County Rescue Group. He has been integral in advancing austere environment rescue technology, including the use of helicopter based avalanche beacons with FFL's Breckenridge based Medevac Helicopter.
- Dinner provided to those who RSVP