Please contact Employee Services 303-860-4200 with all questions regarding
403(b) or 457 Plans.
As a CU GME Resident, you may choose to participate in two tax-deferred savings plans, a 403(b) and/or a 457 Plan.
- Reduce current taxable income by the amount of your contributions.
- Accumulate money for retirement.
- Pay no income taxes on contributions made or interest earned until money is withdrawn from the investment plan.
- Begin participation or change contributions anytime throughout the year (no mandatory open enrollment period).
- Directing your retirement plan contributions is a decision that involves your personal financial goals and current situation. GME personnel are not permitted to advise you. You may want to contact a tax or investment advisor with questions.
About your 2013 contributions:
- Contributions to any combination of 403(b) or 401 plans, including those at different employers, cannot exceed a total of $17,500, or 100% of your total eligible income, whichever is less. 401 plans are not available to GME Residents through UCDenver.
- Contributions to a 457 Plan allow a separate, additional contribution of up to $17,500.
- No “employer” match is available to the Resident from UCDenver retirement plans.
University of Colorado 403(b) Tax-Deferred Savings Plan:
To review available 403(b) fund information and access enrollment forms:
- From www.cu.edu/pbs/forms, scroll down to “Retirement Pension/Savings Plans - Tax Deferred Savings Plans”. Review the portion of the “Retirement Fund Fact Sheet” (posted in center column) that pertains to 403(b) funds. (Residents are not eligible for 401 plans or PERA Retirement Plan.) You will find the list of 403(b) funds from which you can select a fund and contact information for those funds. Obtain the fund sponsor application either from the fund’s website or from the list that is posted in this section of the PBS website.
- When enrolling in a 403(b) plan, you must complete a fund sponsor application for each vendor you are participating with and attach it to your completed 403(b) Tax Deferred Salary Reduction Agreement form. (Also printable from the “Retirement Pension/Savings Plans – Tax Deferred Savings Plans” section.)
- Submit completed 403b Tax Deferred Salary Reduction Agreement and fund sponsor application to:
1800 Grant Street, Suite 400
Denver, Colorado 80203
- All paperwork must be submitted by the 10th of the month in order to begin or make changes to an end of month contribution.
Call 800-759-7372 or visit the Colorado PERA website, www.copera.org, for all information regarding this plan.
Note: This is not an Employee Services document. The University reserves the right to change all or any part of this benefit at any time. If there are any discrepancies between this document and Employee Services policies and procedures, the relevant plan documents, Employee Services policies and procedures, and any applicable federal and state laws will govern. You are responsible for staying within the guidelines of these plans as defined by the IRS.
Updated June 2013