Subject to enrollment and verification of eligibility, this benefit is available to Residents and their dependents.
The dental portion of your coverage has no network of providers. You may obtain services from any dentist (or hygienist) licensed to practice in the state where services are rendered.
- Dental maximum per plan year $2,000 per person
- Orthodontics lifetime maximum $2,000 per person
- Occlusal Guards lifetime maximum $500 per person
- $50 per individual/$100 per family per plan year
- 100% of Usual, customary and reasonable (UCR) for eligible preventive services - (deductible does not apply).
- 80% of UCR - basic dental services (other x-rays, fillings, root canals).
- 50% of UCR - major dental services (crowns, inlays).
Payment of Dental Services:
If your provider is willing to submit your claim to the insurance on your behalf, they may send their statement directly to the Health/Dental Claims Administrator identified on your ID card. Their statement should include the name and Health Insurance ID number of the Plan Member (resident/fellow) and the name of the patient. Payment will be made directly to your provider and you will receive a copy of the payment notice/EOB (Explanation of Benefits). If your provider requires payment at time of service, or they do not bill insurance for their patients or this Plan, they should give you an itemized statement to send to the Claims Administrator. If you pay the provider, please indicate clearly on the statement that reimbursement should be made payable to the plan member.
See complete details of coverage in the CU GME Health Benefits Plan Document.