It is a great pleasure to welcome you to the website of the Physical Therapy Program at the University of Colorado (CU) School of Medicine. As you peruse the pages and sections in this site, you will find a carefully balanced educational program that integrates didactic content with clinical experiences while emphasizing evidence in a patient-centered context. You will meet an exceptional faculty, all of whom are dedicated educators and many of whom are nationally and internationally recognized in their areas of expertise. You will meet students and alumni and will learn about the outstanding educational facilities and a wealth of innovative initiatives make CU’s PT Program one of the best in the country.
Below are a few of the highlights that make our program unique:
- One of a few programs nationally moving to a new model of education that includes a final, year-long, paid internship
- Interprofessional initiatives including courses and opportunities
- State of the art class rooms and skills laboratories including the Center for Academic and Professional Education (CAPE)
- Located in a major life sciences center with highly ranked clinical facilities both on the campus and in close proximity.
- Highly successful, both in passing the licensure examination and in finding positions.
- Recognized for their professional activities within the institution as well as the APTA. (Links to leaders in the APTA, leadership on campus, and to awards from APTA)
Opportunities for students and faculty to work together in community initiatives including:
- Monthly physical therapy services at the Stout Street Clinic for homeless individuals
- Annual educational program for physical therapists in Managua, Nicaragua
Please take an opportunity to visit us here at the Anschutz Medical Campus. If you have any questions, we’re easy to get a hold of.
With warm regards,
Margaret Schenkman, PT, PhD, FAPTA
Associate Dean for Physical Therapy Education and
Director of the Physical Therapy Program, School of Medicine