You are entering the third year of the
Foundations of Doctoring Curriculum (FDC). The overarching purpose of the
curriculum is to provide you with the opportunity to practice and further
develop the basic skills necessary to be an excellent physician in whichever
field you choose. FDC in Phase III is composed of the
- Continuity clinic with a primary
care or specialist physician preceptor
- Hidden curriculum sessions
- Interprofessional Education (IPE)
Clinical Transformations Simulation
- Continue to build basic communication, physical exam and clinical reasoning knowledge, skills and behaviors developed in the first two years within a continuity clinic experience.
- Further explore specialty-based career options.
- Reflect on particular issues from the 'Hidden Curriculum' that affect professional development.
- Practice interprofessional teamwork and collaboration skills.
- Practice compassionate treatment of patients, and respect for their privacy and dignity.
- Uphold and promote the ideals of medical professionalism in all interactions with patients, colleagues, staff and faculty.
- Recognize and accept limitations in one’s knowledge and clinical skills, and a commitment to continuously improve one’s knowledge and ability.