The physical exam curriculum teaches students the fundamental skills needed to perform a complete physical exam on patients of all ages. This portion of the curriculum was designed to compliment the other skills taught in the Foundations of Doctoring Curriculum. As students learn to do focused physicals, they learn to incorporate their history taking skills, preceptor experiences and clinical reasoning skills to choose and perform relevant physical exam maneuvers.
- Learn how to perform a complete physical exam on children and adults.
- Identify and perform the physical exam elements as it relates to a specific chief complaint.
- Ascertain the correct information from each physical exam test.
- Learn how to incorporate the physical exam into your understanding, diagnosis and treatment of patients
- To pass the USMLE Step 2 Clinical Skills Exam.
- The course assesses the following competencies: patient care including clinical skills and clinical reasoning, professionalism, practice based learning and improvement.
- For the small groups session, attendance is required to pass the course.
- Students must also pass an annual Observed Structured Clinical Examination (OSCE).
Course by year: