Integrated Clinicians Course 3 (ICC 3) provides students with skills necessary for the fourth year of medical school, including preparation for sub-internships and critical care rotations, useful Step 2 review sessions, as well as career development sessions to help guide students through the residency application process.
Attendance is mandatory and make up assignments will be required for all absences.
- To provide students with the information and skills necessary for the residency application process.
- To provide students with training in how to sign out a patient and hand them off to colleagues for continuing management.
- To review the pharmacology of the most frequently used antibiotics and drugs used in inpatient adult and pediatric care.
- To provide opportunities to discuss the concepts and skills involved in critical care and trauma.
- To provide personal information and counseling about managing student loans.
- To provide time and opportunity for students to reflect on the events and personal/professional growth that have transpired in the last year.
- To provide students with the information needed to select and prepare for a sub-internship.
- Explore our evolving health care system and understand the challenges of health care reform.
- To discuss and review etiologies of, and strategies for, managing unanticipated outcomes.