The current participating sites are:
Denver Metro sites:
- University of Colorado Hospital
- Denver Health Medical Center
- Exempla St. Joseph Hospital
- Veterans Administration Medical Center
- Ft. Collins
Students have two different course configurations from which to choose:
(1) one hospital for 3 1/2 weeks of general surgery and one week of anesthesia, with two surgical subspecialties for 2 1/2 weeks; or
(2) one site for 3 1/2 weeks of surgery and two weeks of anesthesia, with 1 1/2 weeks of surgical subspecialties.
Sites for surgical subspecialties vary and are assigned by the surgical subspecialty personnel.
One week of the course is spent at the medical school for orientation, simulations, tests, and other required sessions.
Approximately six weeks before the course starts, students will be notified of the available sites for their section and may submit requests. Requests received by the deadline are considered when making site assignments. A lottery system is used in case of multiple requests for the same site(s) or surgical subspecialties.
- Burn Surgery
- Cardiothoracic Surgery
- Pediatric Surgery
- Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
- Transplant Surgery
- Vascular Surgery