Activity Hosting Process
- Review the procedural guidelines below for hosting a CME activity.
- Contact the Office of CME (OCME) to schedule an appointment. The OCME will set up a meeting to discuss your activity. If the activity meets all of the criteria you will be provided with an Activity Development Application.
- Complete the Activity Development Application, sign and submit it with all required documentation to the office of CME. (Original signatures are required) Incomplete applications will be returned.
- All applications will undergo a review process which may take up to 30 business days.
- An application for an activity that is already promoted will not receive CME credit.
- Activity applications should be submitted 6 to 9 months prior to the activity. Activities that begin in a shorter time frame than this may not be considered.
- A service fee will be collected upon approval of the application. Work will not begin on the activity until after payment is received.
- Applications will not be reviewed without a prior appointment. Completing an application does not guarantee your activity will be approved for CME credit.
- Submit your application with all required documentation and original signatures via campus mail or US mail. Incomplete or unsigned applications will be returned without review.
- Please make sure all applications are complete with needs assessment documentation, budget, and appropriate signatures.
CME Training Materials
CME Activity Categories
1. Live Activities
- Regularly Scheduled Conferences
- Journal Clubs
- Live Internet Webinars
2. Enduring Materials
- Monographs, Podcasts, CD-ROMs, DVDs
- Archived Webinars
- Other Web-based activities
3. Journal-based CME Activities
4. Test-item Writing Activities
5. Manuscript Review Activities
6. PI CME Activities
7. Internet Point-of-Care Activities
The Office of CME has a set fee schedule. Service fees are not negotiable and based on service levels, number of days and location. For a current Fee Schedule contact Rose Kennedy (303/724-3555). Management of the CME activity will begin only after the service fee is received.
Policies and Procedures
These P&P are available for you as you plan your CME activity.