At the 5th Annual Education Scholarship & Innovation Symposium on Tuesday, January 31, 2017, we will have both oral and poster research and scholarship presentations. These presentations provide education scholarship & innovation symposium members the opportunity to share original research, teaching tools, and innovative programs. We will consider submissions that focus on all types of educational scholarship including:
- Educational research with relevance to the health professions
- New methods of teaching in the classroom, the ward, clinic, or community
- New programs (including learning modules) involving students, residents, fellows or faculty
- Changes in the curriculum that affect health professional education in your setting
- New strategies and tools to evaluate students, residents, fellows or faculty
- Using technology in education
Note: presentations do not have to be of "pure research" projects. New and unique accomplishments, projects, ideas, and initiatives that demonstrate a scholarly approach to health professional education are welcome.
For all abstracts (and resulting posters and oral presentations), the submission process will require authors to include:
- Background relevant to the topic
- Study or innovation/program objective(s)
- Detailed description of the research methods or innovation/program
- Results with appropriate analysis
- For research this may be either qualitative or quantitative analysis, with statistics as appropriate.
- For innovation/program this may be program evaluation, reflective critique or plans for program evaluation.
- Discussion that includes interpretation of results or impact of the innovation/program
Abstracts will be limited to 350 words.
All submissions will be evaluated by 2 reviewers using a standard scoring of quality. Final decision on acceptance will be made by the selection committee based on the quality of the submission. Submissions will be accepted as either an oral platform presentation or poster. While you will be able to indicate whether you would prefer an oral or poster presentation, the selection committee will make the final decision about format, based on the review criteria. The selection committee will directly notify authors by e-mail whether your submission has been accepted for presentation. Feedback will be provided to the primary author of all submissions, regardless of whether the abstract is accepted.
This is a great opportunity to share your research and/or innovative work with your colleagues and present on the Anschutz Medical Campus. Please contact Dr. Janet Corral if you have additional questions.
Abstracts must be received by 11:59pm on November 1, 2016.
The online submission tool will be open beginning September 13, 2016. You should receive a decision no later than the week
of December 12, 2016.