We sincerely appreciate your interest in the Vascular Surgery Fellowship at University of Colorado Denver. You may apply through ERAS for the 2017 match to begin fellowship July 1, 2017.
Applicants must successfully complete General Surgery training in one of the following:
- An ACGME accredited program
- A Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada (RCPSC) accredited residency program
- A College of Family Physicians Canada (CFPC) accredited residency program
- A program dually accredited by both the American Osteopathic Association (AOA) and ACGME
Applicants must also be American Board of Surgery Certified or Eligible.
Any questions should be directed to Omid Jazaeri, MD, program director. (See contact info below.)
One vascular fellow is chosen yearly in the match sponsored by the National Resident Matching Program (NRMP). All applicants must register with the NRMP match to be considered.
Applications and all supporting materials should be entered on the Electronic Residency Application System (ERAS) sponsored by the AAMC.
ERAS application requirements are as follows:
1) 3 letters of recommendation
2) Dean's letter (submitted by Medical Schools)
3) USMLE transcript
4) Medical school transcript
5) Personal statement
7) ABSITE transcripts
If you have questions regarding the application process, please contact the Fellowship Coordinator, Trina Smidt, at (303) 724-9251 or by e-mail (see below). Thank you for your interest in our program.
Omid Jazaeri MD, FACS, Program Director
c/o Trina Smidt, Vascular Fellowship Program Coordinator
University of Colorado Denver
12631 E. 17th Ave., C309
Aurora, CO 80045