Urology Sub Internship Program Overview
The CU School of Medicine Division of Urology Sub-Internship consists of a 4 week rotation and will divide your time between the University of Colorado Hospital and Children's Hospital Colorado.
The Urology Sub - Internship was developed around six core competencies, communication, system based practice, practice based improvements, medical knowledge, clinical care and professionalism.
- Click here for detailed information on the six core competencies.
4th Year CU Medical Students
Click here to learn how to apply for the Urology Sub - Internship.
4th Year External/Visiting Medical Students
Click here to learn how to apply for the Urology Sub - Internship as an External/Visiting Student.
Urology Diversity Scholarship Program
Description of Scholarship
of the University of Colorado’s Division of Urology guiding principles is to
promote cultural and gender diversity and equal opportunity within our
institution. Therefore, the Urology Diversity Scholarship Program was created
to provide financial support to fourth-year medical students from
underrepresented minorities (African-Americans, Hispanics, American Indians,
Alaska Natives, and Native Hawaiians or Pacific Islanders) and/or women during
the University of Colorado’s Visiting Urology Sub-internship (Surg 8012). Students accepted for clinical clerkship are
eligible to apply for scholarships to help defray cost. Students must be U.S. citizens and attend an
allopathic medical school in the U.S. to be eligible. The
scholarship awards $1,500.00 in financial support to be used for travel and
housing costs. Program dates are June –
Who should apply?
Be a fourth year medical student at an accredited US allopathic medical school
Identify as an underrepresented minority and/or women
Interested in applying to Urology Residency Program in 2019
Be in good academic standing at an accredited US allopathic medical school
Meet all standard VSAS application requirements for the Surg 8012 elective
Be able to rotate at University of Colorado between June 2019 and September 2019
will be reviewed on a rolling basis until this deadline.
- Complete the VSAS application for the University of Colorado Visiting Urology Sub-internship (Surg 8012). For information on visiting student (VSAS) requirements for this rotation, please click (HERE)
- Complete the separate application (HERE) You will also have access to the application on the VSAS website.
- Include a personal essay: Please describe any experiences in your life or training that have led you to believe that physician diversity in urology will impact patient centered care. Also, please include why you are interested in the University of Colorado’s Urology Residency program (500 words or less).
- Include a letter of recomendation from an individual supporting your application for the scholarship.
Competitive applicants will have
-Academic achievement (indicated by transcripts,
experience as indicated by activities included in the CV
to pursuing a career in urology
-An interest in diversity, health disparities,
or serving underserved populations
Course Director: Ty Higuchi, MD
If you have any further questions or concerns regarding the Urology Sub - Internship please contact the course coordinator.