First, let's take a look at what we’re trying to create. Each doctor in your Division/Section/Center should have a page that looks something like this one:
Once you get the page set up, you shouldn’t have to touch it again. Any changes the doctor makes to his/her profile via the CU SOM Gateway will instantly be reflected on your website. (You'll be setting up the page to pull information straight from www.CUdoctors.com.)
There are a lot of steps in the process, but once you get the hang of it, it's not as complicated as it seems at first.
If you need help with any of the steps below, click on the corresponding
eye icon () to see a screenshot.
Part 1: Look up the doctor's provider ID.
- Direct your browser to www.cudoctors.com.
- Find the doctor you want and click on "View Full Profile."
- Write down the doctor's four-digit Provider ID.
Part 2: Create a new page for the doctor on your website.
- Go to your site's home page.
- Log into SharePoint.
- Go to "Manage Content and Structure."
- Navigate to the following folder: [Your Division] > Faculty-and-Staff > Pages
(There are multiple screenshots for this step. Click the left eye to see them as a series of slides. Click the right eye to see them all on one scrollable page.)
- Create a new page.
- Fill in the fields as follows:
- Title: doctor's full name and credentials (e.g., Joyce Aycock, MD)
- Description: leave blank
- URL Name: doctor's last name only (e.g., Aycock)*
- Page Layout: “(UCD Content Page) Layouts/UCD Content Page 2”
- Click “Create.”
* If you have more than one doctor with the same last name in your Division, then for those names only, you can add a hyphen and the first initial, (e.g., Aycock-J) or a hyphen and the full first name (e.g., Aycock-Joyce.
Part 3: Set up the page's contents.
- Open the page you just created.
- Go into edit mode.
- In the "Page Headline" field, type the name of your
Division/Section/Center, followed by the words "Surgery Faculty"
(example: "Burn Surgery Faculty").
- Delete the contents of the "Page Subheadline" field.
- Add a Page Viewer Web Part to Zone 1.
- Open the tool pane.
- Copy this URL and paste it into the Link field.
- Replace "XXXX" in the URL with the four-digit Provider ID you looked up in Part 1.
- Click on "test link" and make sure the appropriate doctor's profile opens in a new tab.
- Open the Appearance panel.
- Change the height to 1000 pixels and the Chrome Type to "None."
- Publish the page.
Part 4 (Optional): Get the appointment button removed.
By default, physicians' profiles on CUdoctors.com include a "Make an Appointment" button. When clicked,
this button takes visitors to the Appointment page on the hospital website. If that's not what you want, e-mail Zack Potts (see contact info below), and he will remove the button for you. (If you're going to
make this request for several doctors, it would be best to give Zack all the names at once. That will make his job easier.)
Web Content Manager, University Physicians, Inc.